Thanks to the evolution of technology, there are now several great guitar amps that are powerful and versatile enough for a variety of purposes without becoming too bulky or too heavy. There are now combo amps which have built-in speakers, each with distinctive tonal characters and features. With a decent and reliable combo amp, you can easily adjust your volume level for practicing at home without disturbing the neighborhood as well as for occasional gigging.
Bugera V22 is one combo amp model that has such flexibility and versatility. It is a 22-Watt vintage tube amp powered by two EL84 valves and three 12AX7 valves. With such output power, you can trust Bugera V22 for use in your bedroom. The volume level can be turned low enough without downgrading the audio precision and fullness. You can also crank the volume level up for an on-stage performance. There is enough power to fill a smaller gig, though it is obviously not powerful enough for the larger ones. Still, with the built-in features that it has, Bugera V22 is one great value for the money.
If you are familiar with tube amps, you certainly have some expectation about Bugera V22’s sound based on the valves that it uses. Yes, Bugera V22 has a vintage sound. The heavy-duty 12” Bugera speaker further enhances the true vintage sound. The tone is somewhat warm, yet the high-end is still crisp and clear enough to enjoy. The frequency response is accurate and precise. The looks of Bugera V22 also have a vintage atmosphere, featuring a pale light brown panel with uniquely-styled control knobs and a finely textured clothe grille. The housing is quite rugged and durable. The overall size is quite small and compact, and there is a handlebar on the top for easy portability. You can easily bring this amp along wherever and whenever you go.
|- Boutique-Style 22-Watt Vintage 2-Channel Valve Combo with Reverb - Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence controls - Normal and Bright inputs for ultimate sound character to perfectly match your guitar - Original heavy-duty 12" BUGERA guitar speaker for true vintage sound - Amazing Mode switch to select between Triode or Pentode operation|
There are two input channels, Normal and Bright. The names already provide some insights about their unique sonic characteristics. The Bright input will boost your guitar’s highs, whereas the Normal input will keep the warmth and depth. With these inputs, you can easily choose a different tonal color to suit different songs and genres. There is also an equalizer with bass, mid, and treble controls to tailor your guitar’s sound. Meanwhile, on the back panel, you can find the Amazing Mode switch for quickly changing between Triode and Pentode operation. Another great feature is the impedance switch that lets you choose the suitable impedance level for connecting with external speakers, and the FX loop capability with Send and Return channels.
Specifications of Bugera V22
• Vintage appearance and sound
• Hand-built 22-Watt guitar combo amp driven by 2 x EL84 valves
• Original heavy-duty 12” Bugera speaker for true vintage sound
• 2-channel preamp design featuring 3 x 12AX7 valves
• Built-in high-quality reverb with dedicated Reverb control
• Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated controls for Bass, Mid, Treble, and Presence
• Normal and Bright inputs for the ultimate sound character that perfectly matches your guitar
• Multi-gain Lead channel with Pre, Post Gain, and Master controls
• Amazing Mode switch to select between Triode and Pentode operation
• Impedance switch (selectable 4, 8, and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
• High-quality components and highly rugged construction ensure long life
Pros of Bugera V22
– Decent output power suitable for practicing conveniently at home and some smaller gigs
– Sweet and beautiful vintage sound from the 12AX7 and EL84 valves
– Solid, durable construction, nice vintage design
– Built-in reverb that is of excellent quality
– Compact, lightweight, and portable
Price of Bugera V22
Check the best price of Bugera V22 here!